Oh the dreaded night shifts… They come around far too often, steal you away from your normal conventional life and leave you dazed, confused and knackered. Here are our top tips on how to get past that 4am brick wall rather than run straight into it.
1. Try to plan ahead and buy food to last the whole run of nights, invariably you will run out by the time your last shift comes about.
2. Carbohydrates are your saviour, think crumpets and ready meals. Unless you are on a carb free diet… Then you’re on your own.
3. The dress code for nights is ‘comfort’ – converse shoes, trousers and smart casual top, etc. Feel free to wear a full face, smart dress or suit. We would not advise this kind of behavior between the hours of 9pm-9am.
4. The sleep deficit will start to drive you a little bit crazy. Thankfully the nights will be over before it turns into full blown psychosis. Just think about the freedom at sunrise on the last night, life can finally begin again……. until next time.
5. Do not, under any circumstance, go shopping post nights or you’ll spend a shit load of money on crap you don’t need. Trust us on this one. We’ve been there. Maybe too many times.